Friday 13 December 2013

I love Mondays! It is so good to hear from everyone and especially know what is going on at home. Time is going by so fast, for I can't believe that December is already here. We are already planning for week 5 of the transfer! It is so unreal. 

This week has been so good. Thanksgiving was quite the day. We were only allowed to go to 2 dinner appointments. We went to a Haitian family in the morning. They are so nice. I guess they don't have Thanksgiving in Haiti so she made as a mixture of Haitian food and American. We had turkey, collard greens (good but I would never make them for myself! They have a really weird flavor), rice with beans and avocado, and mac and cheese bake. People here have mac and cheese with there thanksgiving dinner? Weird right? But it was really good. I enjoyed it. That afternoon we went to the Yorke's for dinner. The Yorke's are amazing. They take such good care of us. They give people rides to church on sunday, come out with us, give us food, and they even drove us to Stuart for our Zone Conference so we could save miles! They are amazing. They love missionary work. We have many awesome members like this. We already have 5 invites for Christmas! I don't know what we will do. I was so full after the second dinner. I tried to not eat a lot at both places but I was still so full. That night we went out hoping to find families home together, we met a few awesome people but for the most part people were not home or just to busy to talk to us. It was frustrating but we made the most of it. 

Remember the pictures of Gladys I sent last week? Well she was all set to get baptized on Sunday but she didn't and I am super sad about it! Dad it is so true what we watch on O'Reilly every night!!! Long story made short Gladys is getting kicked out of her house because she can't afford rent anymore yet she has cable, a smartphone and a smartphone for her 12 year old grandson who she is raising!!! Yet she has no money to pay for rent or food or anything. It is so sad. We meet so many people like this. People who have cable and phones and Xboxes but yet can't pay rent? man it is so frustrating. Anyways that is my rant for the week now back to Gladys. She didn't come to church with all of this craziness going on. It is a bummer because we had taught her everything and she loves God so much and really wants to be baptized yet she just couldn't put all of the worldly things aside. It is super sad because even though she knows the Gospel that won't change or help her until she is baptized and receives the Holy Ghost! She is still on square 1. Man it is frustrating. We are praying hard for her. 

Well I am getting so excited for the Christmas season! Mom I got the other package and I love it! Especially the Nativity fridge thing and the little game! haha I just laughed when I saw that. Thank you so much! 

I love you all so much! Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you! 

Sister Hartley 
The Elders ride bikes LOTS! We are going to start this month because we have to go to Fort Laud for lots of things and will need the miles. I am excited to start biking. It will be a good way to contact people. 

The Elders and I with Sister Carleen. 

The last one is with the Yorke's. 

Haitian Dinner for Thanksgiving

Some of our Thanksgiving Pictures for you. I love all of the Palm Trees here. It doesn't feel like I am in the city because there is so much vegetation everywhere. I love it. Avocado trees, mango trees, and all sorts of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment