Monday 30 December 2013

Another miracle week, Merry Christmas I'm in Florida!

It was so good to see all of your beautiful faces on Christmas day. I loved talking to you all! It sounds like everyone is doing well and I am so grateful. God is so good. I am so grateful for all of the blessings he grants us each and everyday. 

This week has been challenging. Halfway through the week most of our teaching pool had dropped us and we were struggling to find. However, despite the set backs, it has been a miracle filled Christmas week. Upon beginning our harvesting on Christmas day we OYM'd a lady and she led us to her house so we could bless her. Little did we know it would be a beautiful family of 7 very elect and undoubtedly prepared by God. All have such a strong desire to change and are seeking for peace and forgiveness. 5 of the 7 came to church on Sundayand loved it. They are preparing to be baptized this coming week. God is so good. Even though we had hard days we never once lowered our faith. We kept going and God blessed us with miracles. 

 On Friday we had a comp study with our district leader and his companion. He started out with a scripture that was clearly all about pride then he turned to me and said, "Sister Hartley have you ever read President Benson's talk "Beware of Pride?" haha finally someone had the courage to do it and hit the nail on the head. haha man I died laughing inside. It is true though. Pride is a very sneaky thing. It is so much more than being puffed up, but rather it manifests itself in many small not so evident ways. I have seen much success on my mission and I am most grateful and I know that it is through God and his mercy that we have had so much success. However, I feel that that is not where my pride is rooted. Rather it is more in the quiet details that aren't so easily noticed. It is trusting in God more than in yourself. It is having expectations for yourself and letting the pressure of others get to you. It is comparing your talents and abilities to those of others. It is being comfortable and content with where you are. It is failure to take correction. Mom and Dad you'll love that last one. I have been praying so hard for God to forgive me of all of my pride. Pride is so sneaky! President Benson explains it perfectly. I challenge you all to go and read his talk. It will change your life. It has changed mine. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and the atonement. I have done a lot of repenting. Everyday I put my trust in him more and my faith increases. True confidence comes only as we put our faith and trust in Christ. Trusting in any other resource is pride and this truly profits you nothing. While it may bring initial happiness and contentment it is not long lasting. God is humbling me and I am so grateful. 

Neftali and Antonio received the Priesthood yesterday! So amazing to see Neftali receive it and then stand in the circle for his son! So tender. In the 5th sunday lesson Bishop asked Neftali to share his conversion story with everyone. It was so amazing. I am so grateful that God led us to him and his beautiful family. They are such miracles.

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything. 

Love,

 Sister Hartley

No comments:

Post a Comment