Wednesday 22 January 2014

We Made Our Goal!!

We had a miracle happen in our zone this week! We set a goal to have 30 investigators in sacrament as a zone. BIG DEAL! The past few weeks we have only been getting around 12. Well we all were unified towards our goal and we were able to reach exactly 30! I am so grateful for each of these 30 individuals. 30 people that were able to come and partake of the sacrament and feel of the atonement in such a real way for the first time in there lives! So amazing. I am so grateful. Because we reached our goal we are having a zone activity today. VERY BIG DEAL! President rarely if ever allows zone activities! We are going to have a BBQ and play some games as a whole zone. It will be fun. I am looking forward to it. 

The members here have sure been taking good care of us. For two weeks in a row now we have been fed every single day! I think it is because Sister Stegelmeier sang in church and also is leaving next week. We are so grateful. 

I can't believe Sister Stegelmeier goes next week. Time goes by TO fast! My advice to all new missionaries: as soon as you get your call start praying for your trainer. She/he will influence not only your mission but your entire life. Pray to learn all that you can from him or her. They are called of God to specifically train you for very specific and eternal reasons. Also some more advice is to have a very open and receptive heart. Humility is key. You must be willing to change. Your mission will not change you unless you allow it. Come ready to learn, come ready to receive and come ready to change. Missions are a 1.5 to 2 year role play for your entire life. I don't remember which prophet said it but it was to the extent that the highest spiritual level we will ever reach will be on our missions. That is a pretty bold statement coming from a prophet. I am so grateful that I am here. I am learning so much. 

 I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment