Wednesday 30 July 2014

The best thing happened on Saturday...

It is so good to hear from everyone. Thank you for all the letters, prayers, and support. I feel it and I am so grateful. I love Sister Andrew. I am sad though because she is losing her accent. haha It was funny before I never got told that I had an accent but now that I am with her people all of a sudden think I have one... anyways we are getting along well. She is taking the lead more and more and this makes me happy. She is a great missionary. I am so excited for you Katelyn!! You will do an amazing job training. That dear sister is so blessed. She will have an amazing area and an amazing trainer! She will have a wonderful foundation for her entire mission. Some things that really helped me were Elder Scott's talk in the last general conference. It is so important that you let her know that you trust her and let her know that even though she is brand new you are equally yoked and you need her as much as she needs you. One more thing I would say is to make sure you ALWAYS do comp inventory. Just let her feel your love and all will fall into place. You will do wonderful and accomplish much good for the Lord together. 

My favorite part about this week was all of the Member missionary work! On Thursday all of our lessons were member referrals!! Miracle! The members are really taking the family mission plans to heart and we are seeing wonderful things happen. On Thursday morning we had a member call us saying she wanted us to meet her at the church so we could give her friend a chapel tour! Later that day we had another chapel tour with a family that are good friends of Neida's. They have little kids ages 7, 5, and 1 so Sister Andrew had an awesome idea to have make the tour into a scavenger hunt. It was so fun and all the kids enjoyed it and loved being at the church. It is not everyday we have to 2 chapel tours! I am so grateful... The church building is a great missionary tool. I love our dear members. We have established a high level of trust with them and I am so grateful for this. That is just one of the many reasons I am grateful to have spent much time in this area is because of the miracles and relationships we have made with the members. 
This past week we parked our car and were out knocking doors several blocks from the car when the rain decided to fall down by the bucket full. We were soaking from head to toe. We ran all the way back to car, stopping to knock at a few doors here and there... it was quite the experience. We love our Florida weather.

The best thing happened on Saturday... Victor, Alex, and Mimi all went to the Temple to do baptisms!!! The ward had a "New Members Temple Trip". Neida wanted to go but unfortunately had to work. They all loved it!!!!! They are doing so well. I love there family so much!!

Sister Andrew and I had another miracle. We had one solid investigator committed to church and all others had unexpected trials come there way that took them out of town... we knew we needed a miracle. We rounded up who we could and then headed out to contact and invite literally everyone we could to church. We were blessed to be placed in the path of open people, however, none made much mention or desire to come to church... we kept praying for a miracle.. as we were driving back to the church I noticed out of the corner of my eye a young man at the bus stop. I didn't think much of it but kept driving. Suddenly, I couldn't get him out of my mind and I knew we needed to turn around. I quickly (but safely I promise) changed into the turning lane to turn around. Sister Andrew turned to me and said, "Good, I was thinking the same thing. We need to go and talk to him." We went and began talking to him and eventually blessing him. We were sad to find out that he was on his way to work and couldn't come to church. We drove to the church not really knowing who was going to show up but 2 things for sure we did know... we had followed the promptings of the spirit and we were being diligent. We did all we could. During sacrament meeting I couldn't help but overhear the people sitting behind us... it was obvious that this was there first time here. Immediately after the amen of the closing prayer I turned around to meet them! They live in our area and came with there member friend! We taught him last night and he accepted baptism! God blesses our efforts when we always follow his spirit and are diligent. 

We are having a district activity later on today... We are going to play Volleyball and I am going to make taco pizza... it should be fun. We have the best district ever. 

Have a great week! 

Love,

Sister Hartley 

No comments:

Post a Comment