Wednesday 12 November 2014

I have also really learned the power of example

Sister Montoya and I have had a while week to say the least. She has been sick all week. We proselyted for probably only 9 hours this week. Most of our time was spent in the apartment. I tried my best to stay diligent. I went through old area books and called formers, called less actives, and even began to call each member name by name on the ward directory. haha I found out all sorts of stuff. I texted members to try to arrange splits and thankfully we were able to do it multiple times. One member would come and stay with her and another would come with me to work. At the end of the week I was pretty happy with all we accomplished. She still isn't better...we went to a doctor and will go to another one in an hour or so...I pray we get it all figured out.

We are both staying together for another transfer. I am grateful. Thanksgiving in YSA should be an adventure. I am so grateful for this transfer. It has sent me to my knees. It seems as though all my weaknesses have come apparent and I have learned to greater rely on my Savior Jesus Christ and trust in him. I have learned to ask "Is it I?" and not blame others for what may be happening. I have learned to give everything and receive little in return. Lessons for life and I am grateful.

I have also really learned the power of example... I am so grateful Mom for your wonderful example. This past week as I have taken care of Sister Montoya I have greater realized all that you have taught me. You should of seen me taking care of her... Both Sister Richardson and our mission nurse commented on how surprised they were because they would tell us what to do and I would tell them that I already had or was doing that. They were both impressed that I knew just what to do. I just smiled and said well I have a wonderful Mom and she taught me well. They both said that they knew that was yet another reason why we are together because no one would be able to take care of her like I can. Thank you Mom for everything. I see more and more of you in myself everyday. Dad thank you so much also for your example. You have taught me how to work hard and get a job done right the first time. If I got a dollar for every time someone commented on how hard I work I would have enough money to pay for your mission. I am so grateful to the Lord for 2 amazing parents. I love you both.

I am so grateful this week for my family. I miss you all but don't worry I am not homesick...just grateful.

I agree with what Travis said about idleness... I was actually studying that this week as well. Something I love about the Book of Mormon is that they never sit still for very long. They are moving "further" into the wilderness, crossing seas, pitching there tents and so on. Just like them we must never be content with where we are at. We must constantly change. We can never be comfortable. Pre. Uchtdorf said, "I have learned that the difference between happiness and misery in individuals, in marriages, and families often comes down to an error of only a few degrees." Never be complacent. Elder Godoy also said "Just because things are going well does not mean that we should not from time to time consider whether there might be something better." 

I love you all. Have a great week. Please pray for my companion that she gets better soon. 

With Love,

Sister Hartley  
My old companion, Sister Price, and her boyfriend.



No comments:

Post a Comment