Wednesday 14 May 2014

Exchanges are wonderful.

It has been yet another week of miracles up in Delray North. Sister Price and I are doing well and it is hard to believe that our time together is drawing to a close. We are determined to remain resolute to the end. Looking back on our time together, I can see that she has taught me so much and I am most grateful. I think the biggest thing she has taught me is the importance of charity. We cannot help anyone unless we first love them. I will be eternally grateful for this lesson. 

We had exchanges this past week and I had the wonderful opportunity of being with Sister Smith. I love this dear Sister! I learned so much from her. Throughout the day she asked me inspired questions as to how I was doing and how our companionship was doing. I was really able to open up and recognize areas in myself that need attention. We talked a lot about how the Lord defines success and how I need not be so critical of myself. I feel a lot more peace within myself after the exchange and I am grateful to Sister Smith for being a Christlike leader. She is amazing. 

On exchange we saw a miracle with a couple we have been teaching that went to the open house. They need to be married but had not picked a date yet. Thus, our end goal for the lesson was to have a marriage date picked. The spirit was strongly present as Sister Smith and I worked together asking inspiring questions, sharing doctrine, and testifying. Finally, we concluded with promising blessings. It was amazing to just observe them after: they both looked at each other, pulled out there phone and examined the calendar. Then looking up they both smiled and said, "May 24 and baptized on the 25."! It was a wonderful moment and truly a miracle. 

We were in great need for new investigators on Saturday so we prayed earnestly that we would be able to teach as we found. God definitely granted us our desire as we knocked on Carlee's door. She loved the prayer and felt the spirit so strong. She accepted everything and we were able to teach her the Sabbath day to solidify her for church. The next morning we went to round her up and she was already up and getting ready! She came to church! Since we weren't able to teach her prior, she was confused as the speakers talked about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith and other things. During gospel principles we took her and taught a powerful restoration lesson. We were able to have 2 members with us who were previously of the same religion that she was. She related to both members so well. It was an amazing experience and truly a miracle. Carlee is so excited to learn more and be baptized along with her husband! 

All in all, it has been a successful week. The Delray Beach ward continues to grown and be strengthened as we strive to reactivate and baptize strong elect families. We had a meeting with our ward mission leader this past week to help him for a ward mission plan and set specific plans as to how we will strengthen the ward. We are excited to put our plans into practice. 

Love,

Sister Hartley 
We are able to eat McDonalds for free.

Service project

Just cooking supper for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment