Monday 2 March 2015

11 companions!

As you can tell, I am emailing much later today. It has been quite a day so far. Sister Allen and I drove to the mission home this morning. Unfortunately, her health has gotten worse and shown no sign of improvement so she is flying home today. It was so hard to see her go. I just held on to her and cried and cried... Yes that is what Sister missionaries do. haha I will miss her terribly. 

I have a new companion... her name is Sister Montague she is from California. She is hard working and obedient so combined together miracles are bound to manifest themselves. 

I still can't believe that I have another new companion. Everything seemed fine and set that I would stay with Sister Allen here until the end of my mission. I never dreamed that I would have at least 11 companions! I can't believe all that has happened. Ever since August the only thing that has been constant is change. But all things considered, I wouldn't change anything. Through it all I have learned to rely more on my Savior. My prayers have become so much more meaningful and I have learned to just patiently submit to whatever the Lord's will may be. There is just to much outside of my control to even begin to manage it all. I was reading in D&C this past week and the Lord's counsel to Joseph Smith really hit me. He simply said,"Hold on thy way." Keep calm and carry on in essence. Right now that is all I can do. I pray Sister Allen gets better and races back here soon and the same for Sister Coates.. I love these dear Sisters. To Sister Sanchez, Montoya, Aisa, Stegelmeier, and Price, I see what you mean now. I was with each of you when you neared the end of your missions. haha remember all the crazy emotions you had and I just looked at you like you were crazy and said that you needed to snap out if it.. .well now I am here and let me tell you... those emotions are so real! I can see now how much my young fire must have helped you to keep going.. Sister Montague is going to do the same for me. 

I love you all! Have a great week. Always turn to the Lord and trust in his will and timing. 

Love,

Sister Hartley 

No comments:

Post a Comment