Monday 23 March 2015

We found one of those "diamond's in the rough


The District 


We have had a great week here in Sebastian. We are continually sifting and in fact we found one of those "diamond's in the rough"!! Her name is Kathy. While biking on the island we stopped and talked to her as she was walking her dog. She has a friend who is a member and she has always been curious. Before we could offer, she asked us for a chapel tour! We gave her one on Saturday with a member and she really enjoyed it. She said it wasn't at all what she was expecting. She wants to know more about the church and has agreed for the lessons. She is a wonderful lady and a Relief Society President waiting to happen. We are excited about her. 

The following scriptures this morning really stood out to me they come from Helaman 10:

 4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

 5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

Often times as I have read this I assume that Nephi was blessed because of his faithful service and obedience. However, vs. 5 makes it very clear why he received such great blessings "because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness". It was his dedication and diligence when things got hard. Anyone can be faithful and obedient but only a select few can remain so under sorrow, rejection, fatigue, and in his case physical abuse. It was his continued dedication and never quitting attitude that led to the blessings. He was a finisher. I know that it will be the same with us. 

I am glad to hear that all is well at home... The Lord continues to pour out his blessings as we are faithful. I hope you all have a great week. 
The sister that Bro. Sunderland taught on his mission and is our ward. She is just one of the MANY sweet old ladies in the ward. 



No comments:

Post a Comment