Tuesday 13 January 2015

Happy New Year 2015

How we spent the New Year.. we watched the District in the Loft... haha 

PDay activities

Sister Coates and I have had a very busy week. I am so grateful that it is Monday. Sometimes I look back in my planner and I just can't believe all that happens in a week. This week is going to be even busier.. I am very excited for it... Elder Zwick is coming to tour the mission. We are having MLC with him on Wednesday. He wants to interview 6 missionaries and Sister Coates and I are 2 of them!! We are excited. Wednesday night he is having a meeting with all stake presidents and ward councils that all full time missionaries go to as well... Friday we are having our zone conference with him and Sister Coates and I get to give a training at it. We are both so grateful for all the opportunities we have this week. It is such a blessing. It will be so busy with all of that, exchanges, and most importantly those we are teaching. It will be crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Mom Happy Birthday this week!!! I hope that it is the best one yet. 

We had an experience where the Lord's hand was undoubtedly manifested. Recently, a member had posted a picture on facebook of the branch. One of our investigators that was at church that day was tagged in it. One of his friends saw it and commented "This looks like a good group of people, how can I join this church?" His number and information was passed along to us. He came to church on Sunday and we have been teaching him everyday. Our first lesson with him was one I will never forget. He told us that he didn't know if God existed and loved him. He felt lost, hopeless, and helpless. We asked him, "Do you want to know if God is real and if he loves you?" He lowered his head and starred at the ground, "Yes I really do." We told him the way to do that was to pray. After teaching him how, we invited him to pray and ask specifically if God was there and if he loved him." He slowly folded his arms and bowed his head and proceeded to give the most sincere prayer I have ever heard. The spirit was tangible. After the prayer, I opened my eyes just in time to see him slowly wipe the tears away from his own. After a inspired spiritual pause we asked, "Do you believe that God is your father and that he loves you?" He nodded. "How do you know that?" He replied, "Because of the peace that has entered in my heart." It was an incredible faith promoting experience for all of us. 

I am so grateful to be here and see the Lord's hand each and everyday. 

I hope that you all have a great week. Don't freeze to death up there eh? Sister Coates brother is in the Edmonton mission and he told her that they haven't been able to do much lately because of all the storms... he is way up North. It is sunny as can be here. I will try to send some of it your way. 

Love,

Sister Hartley 
One of our Members work's at a Sushi place. It was so good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment