Wednesday 28 January 2015

Our mission is now 1/3 bigger!

After Jayson's baptism... Jayson, Karla (member that contacted him on the bus), Sister Coates on face time a


This week brought so much change for the mission. The Fort Meyers zone (formally in the Tampa mission) has been added to ours. Our mission is now 1/3 bigger! I can't believe all that has changed since I first got here. It is such a different mission. It is true that the only constant in life is change. I'm grateful to be an active participant in all of it.

I love being in a trio! Never a dull moment and when we all teach together in unity there is so much power. People can't help but listen and respond. I am grateful to serve with these dear Sisters. We worked so very hard this week and are grateful to see the fruit. The Sisters faith in this area has grown dramatically. There has been no one to teach for a while . . . there is no such thing as a hard area. It all depends on our faith... The Sisters and I have really witnessed this as we are now teaching an elect family of 5 that came to church on Sunday. Miracles are happening and we are building up a teaching pool. Sister Anderson is still in her training so it so fun to see her get so excited at every little thing that happens. "This is what missionary work is supposed to be like" she'll often say. It's cute. Being around her makes me realize how old I am in the mission! I'm trying to help her get out of her comfort zone. We contact people and we just stand there until she talks.. her confidence is growing and I am grateful. It has been a wonderful adventure here in Pines. I am excited to see what the next 2 weeks brings. It has been busy going on exchanges and managing there area and mine... but the Law of compensation is real and the Lord is blessing us.

My testimony continues to deepen everyday. This week I took some time to study Jacob 5 and it really stood out to me how we are to labor WITH the Lord! We are in this together. I love the definition of labor "work hard, move or do with difficulty, work, toil, slave, struggle, exert yourself". It truly is no minimal task. Laboring with the Lord is exhausting, but the growth we experience is to much to express. I am so grateful to be here.

Jayson was baptized this week! We even got Sister Coates on facetime so she could see it! It was such a fun day. Jayson is amazing and I am so grateful for the opportunity to know him and be apart of his conversion. Amazing things are happening in the Nova branch. I am so grateful to be serving in YSA.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Hartley



Elder Zwick Zone conference.. Elder Thomas from Glenwood is also in the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment