Wednesday 7 January 2015

I can continue to learn a little more Spanish.


Christmas...and my new companion Hermana Coates 




Merry Christmas everyone!! I am all settled in to my new area. Sister Stegelmeier you will be so happy... I am finally in the Ft Laud Zone!!!!! Be excited. haha Don't worry people here still remember you. :) I am in another YSA branch. My new companion is AMAZING!! Hermana Coates from Layton Utah. She is a spanish missionary so hopefully I can continue to learn a little more spanish. She is the best listener ever and has so much charity for everyone!!! We are going to have a great transfer. I don't know very many of the Sisters in our Sisterhood so I am excited to get to know all of them as well. I got to speak yesterday in the branch so that was a good way to get to know everyone. We only have an average attendance of 20 so there is lots of work to be done. Everyone always loves to here that I am from Canada. Most people have no idea about Canada so it can be entertaining at times. Sister Coates brother is on a mission in Edmonton right now to. Here are two of the many miracles that we saw this week:


               We had a great miracle this week. A few weeks ago the Sisters received a referral that they were unable to contact. However, on Saturday we got a phone call from him! "Sisters, When is the baptism? I want to do it! I can't stop thinking about it! What do I need to do?" We told him that in order to be baptized he would first need to come to church tomorrow. He readily agreed. Yesterday we got a phone call from him because he was lost trying to get to church he said, "I just dropped my friend off at church and now I am coming to your church." We explained again the directions and he replied, "Wait a minute, that is the same church that I dropped my friend off at!" Come to find out his friend and 2 of his sisters are members!!!! God is a God of miracles. He had no idea and neither did we. God arranged everything beautifully. He is so excited to be baptized. The good Lord knows his sheep. 

              This week we also had our faith grow in selfless finding. The Zone Leaders have consistently been praying to find us YSA and we have been praying to find them a family. They called us on Thursday with an amazing referral and then the next day we set out to harvest and found them an Haitian family...come to find out the Elders were praying specifically for a Haitian family!!! Wow. When we are faithful and selfless the Lord will bless us. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary. Especially at this Christmas season. The Lord's work really is the greatest. I can't believe that it is Christmas again... it seems like yesterday Sister Steg and I were having Christmas together.. I look around the mission and truly so many of the people I know have all finished and returned home... It still blows my mind that I really am one of the oldest now. I am working my hardest and enjoying every moment because it goes by to fast.


 I love you all!! Merry Christmas, 

Sister Hartley  


No comments:

Post a Comment